Sunday, May 23, 2010

My first blog... ever!

Hello!

Is anyone out there? I don't know. Of course there are... zillions of people all over the world in cyber-space. So to whom I am addressing this?! I don't know either! I guess, you - if you're reading this, whomever you are.

My name is the Tall Englishman. Welcome to my blog!

Why 'Tall Englishman'? Well, funnily enough (note my British sarcasm there), I am tall (6ft 6in) and I am from England, Liverpool in fact. 
The real reason that I've chosen this pseudonym for my blog though is because this is what my girlfriend, now fiancee actually as of 2 weeks ago, has been referring to me as on her blog posts. (Miss Musical is hers, if you've ever come across her blog...).

So anyway here am I, the Tall Englishman, kicking off a blog about... whatever comes to mind! Anything, everything - love, my job, living in New York, Lost's season finale (right?!) Hmm.... compelling I know... I can hear your keys tapping away with excitement right now, signing up to read more and follow me! Haha.

Quick intro... I moved to NYC in October last year to put one chapter of my life behind me in the UK and open up a new one in a new city, in a new job, throwing myself into the deep end and making a fresh start at life. Since I've been here in New York I've been doing everything and anything I can get involved in - from OD'ing on Match.com (this is a fun city to be single in, lots of interesting people, lots of fun places to hang out!), to crazy nights out on the town, bumping into people I've seen on the silver screen, making loads of new friends, spending too much, not saving enough and finding the person I want to spend the rest of my life with (this is an EVEN BETTER city to be in a relationship in!).

If there is anyone out there who has just turned a new page in their lives, maybe you've got engaged, or married, or had kids, maybe you've lost a shat-pile of weight and trying to fit yourself back into where you thought you were in life, maybe you'll find this an interesting read and follow me along or join in. Girls write about this stuff, so why not guys?! (no ribbing here ok guys, come on - we all end talking about this kind of stuff after a few beers anyway, so play nice!)

If nothing else, I hope I'll be able to look back on this blog one day and enjoy reading about my 30's during those exciting days I spent living in New York, starting a brand new chapter in my life with my wonderful partner in crime, the love of my life - Miss Musical. (She's is so wonderful, awesome, amazing and deserves a whole blog post - or hundred - all to herself... I'll tell you all about our amazing story in due course!)
So if you're reading this... feel free to drop by when ever you find the time and feel free to rip my words apart or post your own thoughts or antics if you live in the same city or somewhere else around the world!

To kick things off, here's a pic I took the first night I moved into my new apartment in the City... not bad, right?! Ahhh Lady Liberty, how I'd love to lift up your robe and see what's going on under there... :)

Have fun... I'm going to try to.

The Tall Englishman

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Modern Man. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Blogger Showcase
hit counter
html hit counter